The Buzz is…We’re Sponsoring “Grease” to Encourage Youth-Adult Convos
The Bee Inspired Program and Advisory Council invite community members to a FREE showing of the movie, “Grease”. The event is scheduled for Monday June 18, 2018 at 7pm at The Webster Theater, located in Webster City. The 1978 classic “Grease” is a musical set in the 1950’s. The movie covers the big high school moments for Sandy and Danny at Rydell High: the big pep rally, the school dance, worrying about image, and falling in love. June 2018 will be the film’s 40th Anniversary.
The mission of the Bee Inspired CAPP Program is to empower ALL youth to make healthy informed decisions through education and community awareness in Hamilton, Humboldt, and Wright Counties, as well as the GHV School District Area in parts of Hancock and Cerro Gordo Counties. This includes increasing youth and adult conversations. It is important for parents, caregivers, and other adults to be Askable, Build Bridges with youth by using teachable moments to talk about “tough topics”, and Continue to Learn ways to “bee approachable”. The Council felt that this film was made in the 70’s, was set in the 50’s, and shines a light on issues that are still relatable to youth TODAY in 2018 (i.e. cliques, substance use, relationships, social and cultural barriers, and other sexual health topics). The goal is for members of the community to come to the FREE movie; with parents/caregivers or other adults and youth attending together. From there, with the help of a discussion guide, be encouraged to go home and have open dialogue on these various topics.
DISCLAIMER: This classic movie is Rated PG. However, due to some mature themes, profanity, and sensitive content (i.e. substance use and sexual health topics) it is recommended for viewers age 12 and older. The Council is leaving it up to the discretion of parents and/or caregivers on whether their youth attend the event. We are asking that youth under the age of 14 attend with an adult. For those with concerns, below are resources and reviews on the film.
1. Common Sense Media: https://www.commonsensemedia.org/movie-reviews/grease
2. IMDB: https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0077631/parentalguide?ref_=m_tt_stry_pg
The Bee Inspired Program Advisory Council invites the public to attend this free community showing of “Grease” as we wrap-up activities from May’s Teen Empowerment Month, and the summer break gets in full-swing. This is the time of year when risky behaviors increase for youth. It is so vitally important for youth and adults to increase communication. The discussion questions provide an opportunity to do just that. For families to TALK. The movie provides many messages and themes that are worth discussing. The admission will be FREE, with approximately 200+ seats available on first come first serve basis. The concession stand will be open, and patrons will be responsible for purchasing their own snacks. For questions or information on the movie event or the Bee Inspired Program, individuals may buzz over to our social media accounts, or contact the Bee Inspired CAPP Program Coordinator at 515.602.6371 (ext. 4) or email@example.com.
To energize individuals about the upcoming Movie Event: Grease, BEE IN THE KNOW about our BUZZWORTHY TIDBITS on social media!
1. Posts with trivia, polls, facts, & more related to the film will be on our social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram).
2. Youth & adults (12+) that live &/or work in Hamilton, Humboldt, and Wright Counties (or the GHV School District area in Hancock/Cerro Gordo Counties) that comment correct answers on the buzzwothy trivia or tidbit posts will be entered to win various prizes.
3. Individuals that Snap a picture with 50’s or Grease-themed decor or costumes in the time period (mentioned below) and share the photo to this PINNED POST on FACEBOOK will also be entered for a chance to win a prize.
4. Individuals that Snap a photo with 50’s or Grease-themed decor or costumes in the time period and share to a social media platform using the hashtag “beeinspiredHHW” will also be entered for a chance to win a prize. Note: We are only able to see photos that are set to public setting, so you are more than welcome to submit to us via our account or via email to post for you.
5. Our goal is to submit a new post daily, so individuals may enter photos daily AND answer questions daily for a chance to be entered.
6. Every picture and/or correct answer has the chance for you to earn a prize, sponsored by the Bee Inspired Program and the Advisory Council.
7. This will be taking place today (June 7th) until the evening of the event (June 18th).
8. Disclaimer: This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Facebook or another social media platform. You understand that you are providing your information to the owner of this Page/Account, and not to Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
9. Have fun, and thank you for helping us empower ALL youth to make healthy informed decisions through education and community awareness in our serving area!
10. An additional contest is bee-ing held the NIGHT of the event. Movie-goers are being encouraged to attend the event in their best 50’s &/or Grease-themed attire. Prize(s) will be distributed for best costume…& possibly more!