SHIFT Happens to sponsor their annual Dodge For A Cause Event on 3/6/2020!
The SHIFT Happens group are partnering with the Webster City Rotary Club for this year’s event. Funds raised will go toward the Revitalization of East Twin Park (in Webster City). Below is information on the annual event!
Teams of 8-10 players being sought for Annual Dodge For A Cause Event!
- Tournament takes place in February/March annually
- It is typically held at Jeff Gym (located at the Webster City Middle School) in Webster City
- Check-in opens for teams at 5:30pm
- Teams may register up until the evening of the event (Note a Pre-Registration/T-Shirt Deadline)
- First “throw” will START at approximately 6:00pm
- Cost is $50 Per Team (That is $5/player or find a Team Sponsorship for $50)
- T-shirts are $15 each (+$2 for 2XL and +$3 for 3XL)
- Checks payable to: Building Families (Memo Line: SHIFT Happens)
- 8-10 Participants on a team (NO MORE THAN 10 PLAYERS PER TEAM!!!)
- Team themes and/or costumes are encouraged (i.e. 80s, Camo, Disney Characters, Superheroes)
- Team names & themes MUST be appropriate, or the team will be asked to change it
- Prizes awarded to 1st place team members in all 3 brackets (middle school, high school, and family/community combo)
- All participants MUST have a waiver signed (even if age 18 or older)-See Back of Individual Participation Form
- Youth MUST have a parent/caregiver signature to participate if 17 & under
- Team Captain can submit 1 Team Form for the entire team
- Highlights & updates from the event can be found by following SHIFT Happens on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
- Registration and T-Shirt information is below. Individuals may also may register online at getmeregistered.com/DodgeForACause.
Here’s Info on the event:
The 2020 Flyer:
More details on the 3/6/2020 Event:D4AC2020---Info Release
Each Team Captain needs to fill out 1 Team Form. Attach 8-10 Individual Forms with it. See below:D4AC2020TeamForm
Every player needs to complete both the FRONT & BACK of the Individual Form, including a waiver signature. See the form below:D4ACIndividualForm2020
For those not wishing to participate in the tourney, but would like to purchase a t-shirt:D4AC2020-TshirtOrderForm
Dodgeball Tourney a SUCCESS in 2019!
2019 Dodge For A Cause-
The Event took place on 2/22/19. The youth and adults went Dodge Ballin’ For A Cause at Jeff Gym. Approximately $800 in funds were raised, and went toward the Bee Inspired Program through Building Families. Highlights can be found on our Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
Fierce competition on the court at SHIFT Happens Dodge For A Cause 2018!
2018 Dodge For A Cause- Photos Credit: Chris Jorgensen
The 2018 Event took place on 2/23/18. The youth and adults went Dodge Ballin’ For Cause at Jeff Gym.
SHIFT Happens Dodge For A Cause 2017 was a HUGE SUCCESS!
Students Helping IMPACT Future Teens…SHIFT HAPPENS! A youth-led group of 9th-12th grade students encouraging their peers to be above the influence through various projects and activities in Hamilton County. The current group of youth have opted to focus on finding ways to give back at their school, community, & county… as well as providing events that encourage youth-adult connections. The teens meet twice a month to plan out events and activities. They typically meet on Wednesdays at 7:45pm.
Events & Awareness Activities over the years include:
- Annual Take Strides From Drugs 5K Run/Walk
- Distribution of water bottles and snacks with information on the Social Host Ordinance
- Distribution of water bottles and snacks with alcohol/drug facts, prevention messages, and tips to be safe, sober, and above the influence during various High School events (i.e. Homecoming, Winterfest, Prom, and Graduation)
- Placed Alcohol Free Party Here and Those that Host Lose the Most signs in the yards of graduating seniors
- Sponsored substance-free events (Bowling Bash at WC Bowl, Annual End of the BBQ, Ugly Holiday Sweater Party, & more)
- Dodgeball Tournaments: Hit Me With Your Best Shot raised funds to help HERO and Save the Webster Theater; Dodge For A Cause has raised funds for the Jorden Leeper Memorial Youth Scholarship Fund, the purchase of items focused on peer engagement and inclusion in the special education classrooms throughout the Webster City CSD, youth mentoring program, and the Bee Inspired Program through Building Families
- Sponsored a Blend with Us Smoothie Event at Mornin’ Glory to help “blend” Webster City and Northeast Hamilton students thanks to funds allocated by Enhance Hamilton County Foundation through the Youth in Philanthropy Program
- Day on the Hill with Power up YOUth
- Partnered with Mornin’ Glory to host Senior Graduation Breakfast & a Senior Hot Special before rehearsal
- Tobacco Prevention at Relay for Life & Thru with Chew Week Activities
- Donated to Dance Marathon at the Webster City High School
- Invited Hamilton County CrimeStoppers to come and present, & partnered with EHCF to create videos for teen-friendly messages about the TipSoft Program
- Partnered with Power Up Youth to help plan the Hamilton County YOUth Summit and create the community world café piece
- Volunteered for Warm Hearts, Warm Homes weatherization event in Hamilton County hosted by Central Iowa RSVP for multiple years
- Adopted tags off of HERO’s Angel Tree and purchased Christmas gifts for teens their age in Hamilton County
- & more!