The Bee Inspired CAPP Program believes that youth are our future mentors and leaders.
Young people can make healthy, informed decisions when they are given the knowledge,
skills and resources they need. When youth achieve their fullest potential and accomplish
their goals and dreams, dropout rates decrease, academic successes increase, juvenile
detention rates decrease, and youth chose to not engage in risky behaviors more often. We
work diligently to ensure that teens are provided every opportunity to become healthy,
independent and successful by offering comprehensive health education – medically
accurate, age-appropriate, and evidence-based. We whole-heartedly believe that the Bee
Inspired Program is most successful when youth and adults work TOGETHER.
Individuals of all ages can give of their time and talents to help empower ALL youth in
Hamilton, Humboldt, Wright, Hancock, & Cerro Gordo Counties to make healthy informed decisions! Below are
ways that volunteers can play a role! For a list of current volunteer opportunities, contact
the Bee Inspired CAPP Coordinator at 515.602.6371 (ext 4) or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for helping your community!
Some Opportunities Include:
- Provide Outreach and Become a Program Advocate: Adults and youth can become advocates that promote positive youth development programming in their community.
- Become a Youth Advocate: Act in the best interests of the youth. Ensure that youth maintain their human rights while aiding in skill development in all areas of life such as education, health, housing, employment, relationships, etc.
- Become a Peer Mentor: Youth are trained to provide health education & awareness to peers
- Transportation: provide a ride to youth that are involved in our programming
- Provide Supplies: Donations for art projects, community service-projects, & more are always welcome
- Provide Child Care: To children of the parents/caregivers participating in programming
- Become an Activity Helper: When a special community event takes place volunteers are able to help out at one of our booths and engage the community in fun games
- Complete Silver Chord/NHS/Community Service Hours: Earn service hours by helping the Program Coordinator with: stuffing and labeling folders, running the copy machine, gathering & prepping materials for group sessions and lessons, and more!
- Provide Food/Meals for Program Workshops and Events
- Sponsor a Program or Event: Provide a monetary donation to fund one of our groups or the supplies for the teens
- Plan Events: Let’s Talk Month (October), STD Awareness Month (April), and Teen Pregnancy Prevention Month (May)
- Activities: Sponsor and/or offer substance-free, positive, and inclusive youth activities
- Join the Bee Inspired CAPP Advisory Council: Share ideas, speak up, raise awareness, become engaged, and get involved! Note: Anyone is welcome to become a member of the CAPP Council. Check out the CAPP COUNCIL LINK for more information.
The Bee Inspired CAPP Program was developed in 2008, after community agencies and key stakeholders came together and determined a need for comprehensive sexual health education in response to the high rates of teen pregnancies and sexually transmitted infections. This program works with teens, parents/caregivers, schools, and community members in Hamilton, Humboldt, & Wright Counties (as well as the GHV Community School District area in Hancock, & Cerro Gordo Counties) by providing age-appropriate, medically accurate, and evidence based (comprehensive) adolescent health education, information, and services. The program’s goal is to decrease sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), teen pregnancies and additional pregnancies to adolescents.
100% of every dollar donated is directly invested in services for this program in the LOCAL service area. Building Families is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization and your donation is tax deductible.
Please mail donations to:
c/o Bee Inspired CAPP Program
120 1st Ave NW, Suite 14
Clarion, IA 50525
Make checks payable to Building Families, Memo Line : Bee Inspired CAPP Program