Bee sure to check out our Bee in the Know Campaign on our social media platforms! A shout out to the Enhance Hamilton County Foundation for helping fund our efforts to boost awareness on adolescent sexual health topics within the serving area. Click here to buzz over to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or YouTube.
Interested in School/AlternativeSetting Programming? Contact us today!
Bee Inspired offers evidence-based &/or Evidence-Informed curricula and topical presentations in schools and alternative settings for FREE! Below is a list of services offered.
Interested in being a Peer Educator? Contact us today!
Peer-to-Peer Health Education
Bee Inspired seeks teens to be trained as peer-to-peer educators in various health education topics. Teens would serve their community through the school year by:
- acting as positive role models
- educating peers about sexual health topics & healthy decision making
- gain confidence
- improve leadership skills
- help make an impact through community awareness
- & more!
This is an opportunity to not only increase your own personal knowledge of health education topics, but be a positive influence for your peers!
- Serve as a positive role model for both youth and adults
- Build Connections in your community
- Earn community service hours
- Build your resume for college applications & scholarships
- Develop skills for your future
- Be a resource for your peers
- Assist the Bee Inspired CAPP Program Coordinator with programming duties
- Help organize and assist with activities in the serving area
- Opportunity to engage youth and adults on Bee Inspired Social Media Platforms
Topics may include:
- Healthy vs. Unhealthy Relationships
- Consent & Teen Dating Violence Prevention
- Self Esteem
- Body Image
- HIV/AIDS, HPV, & other Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Infections (STDs/STIs)
- Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention
- Safest, Safer, Unsafe Options (Abstinence + Birth Control Methods)
- Refusal Skills/Negotiation Skills
- Using Teen-Friendly Clinics
- Reducing Risky Behaviors
- Online/Digital Safety, Sexting Prevention, Teens & Tech, & Social Media
- Communication with Peers, Parents/Caregivers, Partners, & other Trusted Adults
- Youth-Adult Connections
- Identifying Community Resources
- & Much More
- Ability to communicate effectively with youth and adults verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of technology
- Must be a team player
- Access to own transportation is highly suggested
- Must be willing to learn
- May be asked to pass pre-employment/volunteer background check
- Must live and/or attend school in Franklin, Hamilton, or Wright Counties
- Must be in 9th-12th grade and/or ages 15-19 enrolled in school or an alternative setting
Looking for a chance to be a Peer-to-Peer Educator? Did we mention there are incentives? This is a chance to earn community service hours and build your resume for college applications and scholarships! What a great opportunity to help your peers, school, and community while building self-efficacy skills! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on training opportunities!